Organic Fun...

Sunday, August 15, 2010

Life on the farm is good, clean, fun! Especially during the holidays as our 'city' cousins come to play and the kids spend days on end outside conjuring up exciting adventures. Sure, they have their computer games, mobile phones etc but never stop to worry about them when they are outside in the fresh air and wide open spaces. Life is good!
Again, I have used 'My Little Shoebox' All a Flutter and Flying High papers as they tie in well with the farm theme and I can't resist the bright, funky colours at the best of times.
I have based the layout on my sketch design for the August Sketch at Scrapville so if you would like to enter, hop on over to the Scrapville blog and check out all the details, you have until September, 14th to enter!
Decided to use the outer casings of the letters for the word 'fun' just for something different! And have again used a little bit of stitching on one of the letters as a wee little focal poin.
The My Little Shoebox range of papers is fabulous for paper piecing as there are always so many little bits and pieces to their designs. I have also added some 'glossy accents' to make highlights of little areas like the door knob and the flower centres.
More quilling, wouldn't be me if I didn't add atleast one little roll of quilling somewhere!

From farm to you...

13 comments:

  1. Another fantastic layout Melinda, I love those papers, the colours are so cute, and that fence is adorable, I really look forward to giving this new sketch a go for myself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great sketch and layout, love the papers and that house!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice.


    http://scrappingirl1103.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love what you did with the sketch and how you used the papers. Awesome LO!!!
    Thanks for sharing! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh this is such a great sketch.. and your layout is wonderful... tfs

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful layout! I love all the details like the quilling and glossy accents.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just LOVE this page!!! Thanks so much for sending me your blog link...I'm now a follower! :)
    - April

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is absolutely fabulous!!!! I love your design! You are so great at incorporation just the right amount of detail!!!!
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just stunning Melinda! I love how you create little scenes on your layouts. That sketch is awesome. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Amazing!!! what a fun LO Melinda. The paper range is gorgeous. Hugs Clare xxx

    ReplyDelete