Luck of the Irish!

Tuesday, March 18, 2014

St Patrick's Day was once the most joyous of days in our family as we celebrated my father's birthday and yes his name was Patrick! Sadly we lost him just over a decade ago to cancer and I've found every St Patrick's Day since to be a harsh reminder of his absence. Although the joy of the celebration has gone, I now use this day as a time to reflect on all the wonderful memories I have of my dad. Cheers to you Dad!

So, today I would like to share a St Patrick's Day themed card I created using varying designs of green washi tape and gold embossed balloons as the clover leaves.

DESIGNED FOR | Hampton Art
PROJECT | Lucky You Card



SUPPLIES |
Stamps: Hampton Art/Jillibean Soup - Heart Healthy Red Bean Soup (JB0193)
Inks: ColorBox Classic Pigment Ink - Gold
Other: Zing Gold Embossing Powder, Doodlebug Washi Tape, Doodlebug Rub-ons, Doodlebug Epoxy Dots, Neenah Solar White Card Stock

  post signature

3 comments:

  1. Your card is very pretty. St Patricks aren't celebrated here at all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice! LOOOOVE those heartish-balloonish-clover leaves!!!! Someone's a CLEVER designer!!! The washi look fab:) And a nice way to remember your Dad:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those greens are so fresh.. looks wonderful.. and you will always have your Dad in your heart..

    ReplyDelete