Jillibean Soup | New Stencil Sets

Sunday, August 3, 2014

Getting messy isn't one of my favourite pass-times which means that occasionally I need to 'toughen up' and get my hands dirty! So, when I recieved the new Jillibean Soup - Stamp & Stencil Sets I knew the time had come to make friends with mess.


Luckily I spied the gorgeous new woodgrain and doily set which made it slightly less traumatic to get texture paste on my hands, desk, shirt and face... seriously that stuff seems to spread when you're not looking.


TIP | The stencils are quite pliable in comparison to other brands which make them ideal when you want a bit of flexibility to your design. So when it comes to washing your stencil and placing it back onto the clear plastic sheet I suggest that you lie the stencil down on a hard surface and have the backing sheet in your hand as it is stiffer and much easier to manoeuvre into position.

The sticky reverse side was wonderful for keeping the stencil in place when I added texture paste to my cardstock and it pealed off again without any problems at all. And because the stencil is wafer thin you get a lovely crisp image.


Using my current favourite colour combination of Mint and Tangerine I stamped and heat embossed two different doily designs then mounted them on top of each other using foam pop dots to create a bit of dimension.



SUPPLIES | Hampton Art
Hampton Art/Jillibean Soup - Stamp & Stencil Set (Doilies & Woodgrain) JB0279
Hampton Art/Jillibean Soup - Kraft Cardstock
Hampton Art/Jillibean Soup - Placemats (White Mini Journaling Frames) JB0148
Hampton Art/Jillibean Soup - Heart Healthy Red Bean Soup Flash Cards
Hampton Art/Jillibean Soup - Wood Sprinkles (Birthday) JB0272

Colorbox/Doodlebug Pigment Ink - Swimming Pool
Colorbox/Doodlebug Pigment Ink - Tangerine

SUPPLIES | Other
Doodlebug Sprinkles, Texture Paste, Embroidery Thread

post signature

8 comments:

  1. Your card is so pretty. I love the texture you created with the stencil and the stamped and embossed doilies are beautiful. Great colour combination xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks great Melinda.. even if you got it everywhere..I am giggling as I am the same! that stuff is sneaky lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE this card! That stencil is fantastic and I love the fussy cutting and layering of the stamped images!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL!!!! I'd LOOOVE to see you 'getting down & dirty' in RL.....I'm glad you survived the experience - as always, a GORGEOUS result!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So utterly gorgeous. You nailed it!! :-)

    ReplyDelete